[X4U] RE: laptop connected now

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Sep 30 09:36:10 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:33:30AM CDT, Cindy Moore <bgcyclist at netscape.net> wrote:
:
: I'd better clarify this in case someone else runs into the
: same problem. I wasn't trying to connect an iBook. I was
: connecting a Pismo G3. This is the oldest laptop out there
: that can run Tiger but I have decided to leave Panther on it.

The non-PowerBookG4 models may have built-in Ethernet,
but will not have the crossover autodetection hardware.
This is a useful feature when connecting two computers
directly via an Ethernet cable; without it, one needs
the special Ethernet "crossover" cable.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/