[X4U] trouble searching mail since migration

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:41:01 PDT 2005

I recently migrated from an iBook to a Powerbook. I used the Migration
Assistant and for the most part have been overwhelmingly pleased with
that utility. Everything copied over and has worked pretty much as it
did on the iBook, except for one thing, and that is bugging me.

I can not search mail before the migration. All of the messages are
there, but search doesn't look in them. I have archives going back a
few years and have always been able to rely on the mail search
feature.

I couldn't find anything in the help files that referenced this. The
closest I found said to sync the mailboxes, I tried it, but nothing
happened that I could tell. I see the rebuild menu option and have
been tempted to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Machine specs:
15" Powerbook, 10.4.2, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB

--
Someday, when the historians study how someone as accomplished as Al
Gore was effectively marginalized by a party without a conscience and