[X4U] Address Book cursor issue

Edie Marshwiggler at mac.com
Fri Sep 30 22:41:31 PDT 2005

>I have a client, a new "switcher" to a Mac Mini... Loves the experience and is an active user of Pages... But is having a very annoying issue with the cursor jumping:  In Address Book, when adding new records, as he inputs the info, randomly his cursor will jump to the Notes area. He has watched it closely and cannot see any pattern, keyboard mistakes, etc. It only seems to happen in Address Book. It happens a lot such that it makes entry very annoying.
>
>We have trashed the Pref file. Restarted. Reset PR-RAM. Repaired File Permissions... No change.
>
>I am about to head on over there and do an Archive & Install... But I thought I would ask before, in case anyone here has solved this one. The Apple discussion boards do have a few references to this issue, in Mac Mini's, but no solution posted as far as I can tell...
>
>Any further suggestions?
>
>Steve

Steve,

I've experienced odd cursor behavior in Address Book and recognize the bit about jumping to the Notes field. It also seems to disregard my setting of "home" and "work" phone or email. Now that I think about it, it also enters the phone in the email heading (or maybe the other way around). I WAS blaming me! I'll pay more attention, but I don't use it very much. Most of my contact info is in Eudora, and I've been slowly moving it over. I have no clue, except it seems to be input generated.

Speaking of input, iChat won't accept key entries like space, comma. quotes... gives me an "iChat internal Error!"* but it works fine in another user account. I've tried throwing out all the iChat stuff in my library. iChat troubles might be related. I'll be watching to see what you discover, and plan to see how Address Book behaves for another User.

~Edie
TiBook 500 1G 60GB OS X 4.2

* iChat Error:
NSInternalinconsistancyException:
Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index > = 0) 77
(index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)
_itemArray) : 0))