[X4U] Windoze on Intel Macs

Clifford H. Readout, Jr. readout at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 21:59:36 PDT 2006

I've been reading the traffic about Bootcamp, Windows on Intel Macs.

The inherent Windows vulnerability factor does need to be addressed by Apple
before I'll be convinced it is a good idea to allow it run on the Intel
Macs.

I've been trying to understand why it is a good idea for Apple to do this.
Is it to make it less appealing for a couple of hackers to do it?  Then this
question came up: how many of you know someone who converted to Macs after
being well exposed to the Mac OS?  I don't know anyone who was significantly
exposed to the Mac who didn't prefer its OS, and many, many of them
converted the next time they bought a computer.  My guess is that it will be
the ultimate showdown of the OS wars.

It may be just in time, too.  Those wars are becoming less meaningful, even
for we fanatics, and before long, too few people are going to care about the
OS, but only about the applications they need and games they want.

CR