[X4U] Re: Installing iWork '05

kp phlbrck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:34:16 PDT 2006

I am having difficulty installing iWork ‘05 on a partition running 10.4.6. During the beginning stages of installation, at about the 2% mark, a message appears:

 “There were errors installing the software. Please try installing again.”

Try, try, try I have. Space should not be a problem as there is 14G freespace.

Googleing and Apple Discussions bring up problems related to traces of prior install attempts so everything displayed by SpotLight was removed each time.

On separate partition running 10.3.9 installation proceeded without a hiccup. Trouble is, I intend to wipe that section of the drive making it available for other purposes.

All the usual; permissions, AppleJack, DiskWarrior, safe boot, have been tried with no success.

Ken Philbrick