[X4U] Implications of Boot Camp

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Apr 6 15:17:41 PDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Philip J Robar wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:00 PM, Randy B.Singer wrote:
>
>> Many high-end games require a specific video card. Will these games
>> run at all on a Mac running Boot Camp? If they will, will the video
>> performance be insufficient for most gamers' tastes?
>
> Most likey. The graphics chip used in the Intel Mac machines is
> pretty low end by today's standards when it comes to 3D and gaming.
> If you crank down the resolution and turn off some high end
> rendering features most games will run though.

Actually, I'll take some of that back. I was thinking of the Mini
when I wrote this. The graphics in the MacBook Pro and iMac are very
mainstream, not high end, but quite good actually.

Phil
--
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the
system, but too early to shoot the bastards."