[X4U] Boot Camp success - now, where to get my armor

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Apr 9 06:28:29 PDT 2006

Title says it all. I installed Microsoft's free "Windows Defender"
anti-spyware program (didn't make me comfortable that I had to install an
ActiveX component to do so). There are 3 and 12 month "free" trials
available from Microsoft for various third party anti-virus programs. Robert
Ameeti or Stoller have mentioned effective and FREE (I like that word) anti
viral programs. Any good ones that are free and not time limited? Major
reuirement is that they not get in the way of ActiveSync operations.

(The Apple store gave me a replacement MacBook Pro without any hesitation,
although I had to wait in the genius queue to accomplish the swap).

I'll report on whether ActiveSync works with my WM5 device once I get the
software installed.

Thanks so much.

Jim Robertson