[X4U] OT windows on imac

Mitchell Senft ms53 at optonline.net
Wed Apr 12 03:08:07 PDT 2006

I work in Windows during the day but it's a box at work i.e, I'm not
responsible for it so my knowledge of >maintaining< a Win-box is
minimal. Know just about enough to be scared and intimidated.

Now I'm thinking of loading Win onto my daughter's Intel iMac for
those very rare occasions when we need a Windows box around the
house, God forbid a game for my daughter and maybe to putz around
with the dual-boot.

The iMac will be on the home wireless network.

So the questions are: In that limited use, how concerned do I have to
be? Do I have to worry overmuch about viruses? And what about these
Windows updates? Do I have to keep current downloading what seems to
be weekly updates and patches and, well, crap? Or if I keep her off
the web through Windows, do I really have to worry?

And if this is too off-topic, I'd appreciate a link to list I can
post this to.

Thanks,

Mitchell

News of Us: