[X4U] OT windows on imac

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Apr 12 12:47:09 PDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 6:08 AM, TjL wrote:

> 3) Get and install Microsoft AntiSpyware.  It's free.  There are some
> other programs out there which do anti-spyware, but this one is "good
> enough"

Every review I've read say that no anti-spyware program will catch
everything. In addition to Microsoft's Defender I recommend
Lavasoft's Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy. Both are free. Spybot
and Defender both have active monitoring components that don't seem
to overlap much. (Adaware also has active monitoring in the non-free
version if I remember correctly.)

I'd recommend picking up a used or inexpensive PC rather than using
emulation on an iMac. Surplus stores here is the SF bay area have
used PIII computers with Windows 2000 or XP for only $70. P4 machines
in the 2 GHz range can be had for around $200. Recently CompUSA had
an amazing deal on a Compaq system that was only $200. And you might
be surprised to find out  how inexpensive laptops in the 1Ghz range
are on eBay.

Phil
--
"I would not think that philosophy and reason themselves will be man's
guide in the foreseeable future; however, they will remain the most