[X4U] Mail question

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 17 10:54:55 PDT 2006

Thanks, Mark -- and I will set up a rule to filter all of Jon's
email. I was just hoping for a way to check for a "real" address
without opening an email, and there doesn't seem to be one. My
version of Mail (2.0.7, with OS 10.4.5) doesn't seem to have the Show
Name and Address option available in the View menu.  I can get the
address via the complete header info using View>Message>Header
(thanks, Richard), but that, too, requires opening the email (or
having it selected in the prevew pane. I was looking for a way
without opening the email at all, and not using the preview pane. It
just seems like it should be a display preference, or even a column
you could select, and I thought maybe I'd overlooked something. Oh,
well.

Mary

p.s. I'm on digest, and I apologize that this reply will not thread
appropriately. If there's a way to do that, and someone posts it, I
promise to save the instructions for next time.