[X4U] 512 MB and 1 Gbyte ram modules paired in MacBook Pro?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Mon Apr 17 07:45:41 PDT 2006

I've read the advice stating the RAM modules in the MacBook Pro should be
identical for optimum performance, but I've not found quantitative
comparisons. I bought the cheapest MacBook because the price differential
didn't seem to justify the slightly higher clock speed or HD size. Now I'm
wondering whether adding a 1 gigabyte stick will actually slow the thing
down under some circumstances.

Anyone have links to tests of dual 512 MB sticks vs. a 512 matched with 1
Gbyte vs. two 1 GB sticks?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson