[X4U] Drive Permissions problem

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Mon Apr 24 14:59:09 PDT 2006

On 4/24/2006 1:58 PM, "John Baltutis" <baltwo at san.rr.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, that's normal behavior. All files/folders created by the logged in user
> will display that user as the Owner: <user> w/R&W, Group: <user> w/R-only,
> and
> Others: R-only. See <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106712>
> for
> starters, especially the Owner, Group, Others section. BTW, which OS?

Thanks John - I am  using Panther 10.3.9

-  also - I am still experiencing the irregularity of not being able to put
things in the trash - but needing to delete them immediately...

-  also on a completely different external FireWire drive - I got info on
the entire drive itself ...  And redid the permissions -  and said copy to
enclosed folders...

-  when I looked at one of the folders inside the drive - the permissions
had NOT been changed!

-  I have run disk warrior and disk utilities - and they say no problems...

- any ideas?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com