[X4U] Display profile corruption

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Fri Apr 28 09:29:32 PDT 2006

I'm experiencing an annoying problem. Everytime I switch back to my regular
account from the other user on my laptop I find my screen resetting to a
washed out, fairly low contrast aspect. When I try to recalibrate via the
Color tab in the Displays System Preference, I'm informed that 'The factory
profile for the display could not be displayed'. None of the listed profiles
can be opened.

Someone on this list kindly recommended that I repair permissions in disk
utility and restart. This works, but I don't want to have to restart every
time I have to switch between users. Can anybody suggest a longer term fix?
Thanks for your time.

ATB, Colin.

[http://www.eleventhvolume.com]