[X4U] Display profile corruption

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 12:35:27 PDT 2006

On Apr 28, 2006, at 12:29 PM, eleventhvolume wrote:

> Someone on this list kindly recommended that I repair permissions
> in disk
> utility and restart. This works, but I don't want to have to
> restart every
> time I have to switch between users. Can anybody suggest a longer
> term fix?

There is no permanent fix that I know of. This has been an ongoing
problem since April of 2005, I believe. I've been sending feedback to
Apple with no results. They don't care to fix this problem. I did
find a temporary fix. I can't remember where I got it, probably
MacHints. Anyway, copy the following into the AppleScript editor and
save it. Run it every time you switch users. I keep mine in my dock
to make it easy. You'll notice that the whole script simply launches
DMProxy.

do shell script "/System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DMProxy"