[X4U] Display profile corruption

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Fri Apr 28 14:51:36 PDT 2006

> There is no permanent fix that I know of. This has been an ongoing
> problem since April of 2005, I believe. I've been sending feedback to
> Apple with no results. They don't care to fix this problem. I did
> find a temporary fix. I can't remember where I got it, probably
> MacHints. Anyway, copy the following into the AppleScript editor and
> save it. Run it every time you switch users. I keep mine in my dock
> to make it easy. You'll notice that the whole script simply launches
> DMProxy.
> do shell script "/System/Library/Frameworks/
> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
> CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DMProxy"

Many thanks John. I've not used applescript before and I'm obviously doing
something wrong, but am unsure what. I copied the above into Script Editor
and saved it (as a script file format), but when I double clicked the file
it only launched the Editor again. However, I found and launched the DMProxy
manually and it's worked. I've a shortcut in my dock now to the enclosing
folder which is near enough for me. Many thanks for your help.

All the best, Colin.