[X4U] Photo metadata. Can it be edited?

P. H. Adams phadams at mac.com
Sun Aug 6 20:18:12 PDT 2006

On Aug 6, 2006, at 4:36 PM, John Erdman wrote:

> Beside IPhoto itself, and Get \info in the Finder, I've found
> several pieces of software that will read the data but none to edit
> the data. Ultimately I'd like to be able to either use an Apple
> script or Automator so I can handle the data changes in bulk.

I've got just the ticket for you: Joe's iPhoto Applescripts <http://
www.joemaller.com/iphoto/>

I used them when I found that I had forgotten to change the time zone
of my camera when traveling, thus necessitating a date change in
several hundred photos. The time shift script did them all in one
fell swoop. You just put in the time differential, as per the
instructions, and the script takes care of the rest.

-patch