[X4U] Boot Camp

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 8 05:17:12 PDT 2006

At 8:35 AM +0100 8/8/06, Stroller wrote:
>It is quite clear that you have some personal agenda that leads you
>to fear-monger over this issue.
>Please stop spouting this nonsense unless you are prepared to back
>it up with facts.

This is an astoundingly rude response. I have spent some time this
morning looking this up on the internet (I don't have an OEM copy of
Windows to see its license). It seems very clear that in the US (not
in the EU) it is not legal to transfer an OEM copy of Windows to a
machine other than the one on which it shipped.  It also appears that
lots of people do it. But you DO have to agree to the license terms
when you install an OS.

The original poster did not ask if he could get by with doing it. And
he did not ask if was a law that people agree with, and he did not
ask whether the law doesn't apply in cases where you don't like the
company the law benefits. The question was whether it was legal.

What "facts" are you wanting Mr. Ameeti to come up with? What
contrary facts are you offering besides the "fact" that you don't
like Microsoft and  the "fact" that you can probably get by with
using an OEM disk on a non-original computer?

Daly