[X4U] Searching servers

Colt Freeman cfreeman at liberty.edu
Tue Aug 8 09:24:56 PDT 2006

> What works for me if I want to search Windows servers in Tiger is to open
> the server in the Finder and then type the keyword(s) in the search window
> of the Finder toolbar. Once the search starts, I ensure that the volume or
> "Servers" button is depressed in the location submenu.

Whats the difference betwene spotlight origionated searching and using the
search field in the finder? It works so much better but I would have thought
that it was built on the same engine. I can't stand using the spotlight
search (and never do) I just open another finder and search for it that way.

The only reason I would use spotlight is for metadata search (photographer)
to search my massive image database. But it's still somewhat clunky at best.

Thought from watching wwdc it looks like we are going to get some spotlight
enhancements?

Regards,
-C