[X4U] Can a sleeping PowerBook charge an iPod nano?

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 8 10:19:49 PDT 2006

When in doubt, read the FAQ:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60920#faq22

Question: Can iPod charge while my computer is asleep?
Answer: Yes, in some cases. If you connect the iPod to your computer by
FireWire, and your computer is sleeping and also connected to AC power, in
most cases the iPod will charge. If the iPod does not charge when connected
this way, either wake the computer or connect the iPod directly to an AC
power adapter.