[X4U] Boot Camp

Ted Burton ted.burton1 at mac.com
Tue Aug 8 12:40:53 PDT 2006

At 8:35 AM +0100 on 08/08/06, Stroller spoke about Re: [X4U] Boot Camp thusly:

>  The law is defined by elected representatives and interpreted in
>court ("case law").

And among the law in question is the Uniform Commercial Code in most
states including Microsoft's home state which governs sales
contracts, and there may or may not be intellectual property statutes
applicable. Or we may be dealing with "common law", which we
inherited as British colonies way back when, in which whole huge
topics of the law are based upon the body of court decisions and
there is no statute involved.

One topic area in the law is "contract.' Contracts are matters of
agreement, reached with certain  give and take. The UCC deals with
some contracts, but not all. The legislature may not have said squat
about OEM contracts, although I suspect they would fall under the UCC
insofar as the CD's or DVD's are concerned.
--

Mercy, fraternal solidarity, and dedication to the common good.
Peace,