[X4U] Boot Camp [A]

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 9 11:12:41 PDT 2006

On 9 Aug 2006, at 16:34, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> At 3:57 PM +0100, 8/9/06, Stroller wrote:
>
>>    ...This End-User
>>    License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you
>>    ... and the manufacturer ("Manufacturer") of the ... computer
>>    system component ("HARDWARE")
>
> And from which 'manufacturer' of hardware are you purchasing these
> OEM disks? I'm guessing that when you purchase your USB cable, it
> is not from a manufacturer but rather a reseller of computer
> equipment.

You don't have to buy from a manufacturer in order to enter a legal
agreement with them. This is the same license agreement you click
through if you buy a computer from PC World or BestBuy.

>> I read that fairly clearly as saying "if you purchased this
>> software with a USB cable, stick of RAM or network card
>
> FROM A MANUFACTURER

Are you suggesting that it might be necessary to become a
"manufacturer" by installing the system and plugging the mouse lead
in & then selling it on to a member of your immediate family in order
for them to qualify as the licensee?

This is the first rational argument you've made, but you'll need to
give it a little more substance in order to get a passing and dismiss
my perception of you as a whiney little girl who doesn't know jack.

Stroller.