[X4U] Off site data storage - Options?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Aug 9 21:13:47 PDT 2006

I have multiple clients that if in a normal IT situation, would find
themselves doing tape backups and then taking the tapes off site for
disaster preparedness. These clients though would like to be lazy and
just back up to some off site destination via a scheduled back up
routine using their unused broadband during the night. I'm talking
about backing up maybe 100 to 200 GB of data which could be handled
via incremental after a full backup over a weekend. Sensible?

What companies might offer this service?

What equipment and software would be appropriate for me to offer the
service as a destination for my clients?
--

Robert Ameeti

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.