[X4U] Re: Recording Pixels on a digital camera

Dorothy Hennings hennings at verizon.net
Wed Aug 9 13:18:44 PDT 2006

I have a new A540 Canon Camera. I have a choice of how many recording
pixels I use when taking a picture.
  Can you help with this choice?

I realize using fewer pixels means the memory card lasts longer for
more pictures.

Choices are Large (2816 x 2122 pixels), Middle (2272 x 1704 p.),
Middle 2 (1600 x 1200 p.), Small (640 x 480 p).

I expect I will make most prints a size of 3" x 5", maybe very few at
5" x 7", or   for small  pictures sent by email.

Which will give me good definition but not for professional use
pictures?

Thanks