[X4U] Re: Recording Pixels on a digital camera

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Wed Aug 9 19:21:05 PDT 2006

Dorothy,

My recommendation to you is to use the highest pixel count that your
camera will accomodate, as long as you've got the storage space on
your computer or backup media.  Why?  Higher resolution can become a
cheap form of "zoom" for your camera.  Since I've gone from 2.5 to 7
megapixels on my Canon camera, I can now stand a farther away from
the action, snap a picture, and zoom in and crop the photo as desired
without losing any picture quality as compared to my old camera.

Camera memory is cheap.  (1 GB SD cards can be had in regular sales
for under US$30, and can hold well over a hundred pictures).

So, I'd go with the higher pixel count.

Michael