[X4U] Entourage question

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Aug 11 07:20:27 PDT 2006

On 8/11/06 8:47 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> A friend of my wife called me because she wanted to mail a Word
> document and when she clicked on 'Add Attachment' a question came up
> if it should be compressed.
> What's that?  I've never seen Entourage, but compress a document is
> strange to me.
> If possible if someone can send a (or a few) screen picts how to do
> to my address.

She doesn't have to click Add Attachment. She can simply drag and drop the
doc on a plain text message and it will automatically attach.

Many times documents are compressed -- stuffed or zipped -- before emailing,
to reduced up- and download time, and to help maintain their integrity as
they travel through the Internet. If Entourage is asking this, it means that
it has the capabilities to compress it without further interaction on her
part -- all she has to do is answer yes, and possibly which format she
wants, if it should ask that on the next screen.

I don't know which version of En'rage she's using, but I've used it since OS
9 days, and I've not gotten that question -- but typically I compress files
before sending on my own. I *have* gotten that question when attaching a
FOLDER rather than a single document -- En'rage MUST compress a folder if
you attach multiple docs in a single folder. Your only choices in that
situation are to say Okay, or say No and attach them one at a time rather
than in a folder.

I'd like to be more help but I've not run into exactly what you're
describing. Perhaps if you can get the actual wording of the error message?

~Linda