[X4U] Tiger Server vs Client

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Tue Aug 15 04:46:17 PDT 2006

Is it possible to get either Open Directory for network logins vice local
logins or mobile home directories working on Tiger (the non server
edition)? I'm running this on my fileserver at home and it's hard to
justify the extra expense of Server for home use.

If this is adequately covered in any of the available books on Tiger . .
.which would be the best solution? I'm not looking for something on the
order of Tiger for Dummies which really needs reading cover to cover to
get the benefit . . .but something more aligned with solving issues or
setting up this or that . . .assuming the user has reasonable facility
with terminal, isn't scared of root or NetInfo Manager, etc. I've
successfully gotten web, mail, DNS, and SquirrelMail services running as
well as remote access via ssh and VNC . . .but I need a recipe to follow
in getting things running.

--
There are only three kinds of stress . . . your basic nuclear stress,
cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to understanding the