[X4U] Cyan screen artifacting?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 15 18:02:04 PDT 2006

My G5 2x2 just went crazy an hour or so ago.  The screen is covered
with cyan interference.  The contents is still viewable, but very
hard to see.  It's not the monitor, as it's able to display other
computers on the non-DVI side just fine, and I plugged the Mac into
the non-DVI side using the adapter that came with it and got the same
result.  I reseated the card, went down to the RAM that came with the
Mac, and still had no luck.  At this point I'm thinking my video card
is going out.

How does one go about getting Applecare to replace a part?

Also, is it possible to use an ATI 9000 video card in a G5?  I have
one that I bought for my G4/450 AGP that I could swap in.

		Zane