[X4U] Changing file name in iPhoto

Marc Stergionis stermarc at mac.com
Tue Aug 15 19:11:36 PDT 2006

I have a bunch of mugshots that have to go with a slew of stories to
a local paper I'm freelancing a project for.

I do a cursory edit on them in iPhoto and then, in the lower-right
info pane of the iPhoto window I rename each with the person's name,
ie. johnSmith.jpg

That name sticks even when I put it in an "album" created for this project.

However, it seems to appear in the finder with the original
"DSCN1234.jpg" name. And when I try a test, emailing the photo out of
the album to myself, it gives it a subject of "johnSmith.jpg" a
message text of "johnSmith.jpg" but puts the "DSCN1234.jpg" under the
photo.

How do I get it to change to "johnsmith.jpg" throughout?
--
Marc Stergionis
Writer & Web Designer