[X4U] Cyan screen artifacting?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 15 20:17:44 PDT 2006

>On 8/15/06 8:02 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  How does one go about getting Applecare to replace a part?
>
>1-800-SOS-APPL
>
>Be ready with your Mac's serial number, AppleCare contract number (AppleCare
>Protection Plan if you're using the extended warranty; if you're under your
>new machine warranty, I think the serial number of your Mac is sufficient),
>and the same AppleID you used when you registered your Mac.
>
>Describe your problem.
>
>Go through their troubleshooting with them, which will include all the
>things you've already done. Unfortunately, they can't really take your word
>for it, and you'll most likely have to do it all over again with them on the
>line.
>
>If you're successful, yay! If you're not, discuss your options for repair.

Thanks for the info!  I think I'm going to have to wait though, as
the Mac seems to have corrected itself.  I'd finished collecting the
info on my AppleCare contract number, and the systems Serial Number,
and happened to find the TechTool download (way cool since the CD
that came with my system won't work with a G5).  I came back with the
download finished, and the problem had cleared up.  I'm sure it will
be back though.  I booted the TechTool CD I burned and checked the
VRAM, while it says it's fine, I don't really believe it.  Since it
has cooled down in here I'm wondering if the video card is developing
thermal problems.

		Zane