[X4U] Wireless + iBook

MTH nikon80x at mac.com
Mon Aug 21 02:55:52 PDT 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 4:45 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> This is the plead for help for someone about a wireless connection.
> Does someone know?
>

> We live in a largely MS Windows environment here in New Zealand, due
> in part to being supplied Macs via Australia (with additional margins
> in the chain).
> As an example, 99% of genealogists here use Windows. (I am an
> exception)
> But I do my best to promote the Mac, and there are some gains.
> But there are disadvantages..........
>
> A growing trend is "wireless hotspots", promoted by Telecom, a
> significant MS supporter.
> But can a Mac use them?  I really don't know.
> The promotions show a little "wireless card" slipped into the side of
> a PC with a little antenna raised.
> My iBook has no slot for such a card.
> I wonder what I am missing???????
> Should I be able to use such hot-spots?  What do I need?
> <<
>
> Paul Moortgat

If your iBook has a wireless card then it should not be a problem to
connect. The external cards that you talked are just for machines who
can't use internal cards.

700MHz iBook G3       1.33GHz iBook G4
640MB Ram	                512 MB Ram
OS 10.3.9                      OS 10.4.6

"Laugha while you can monkeyboy."
       Dr. Lizardo(Bukaroo Bonzai)