[X4U] re: mail issue

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Aug 25 21:32:09 PDT 2006

On 24 August, 2006, at 3:19:40, Da Pen wrote:

> My wife has created probably 25-30 boxes into which she sorts her
> important emails.  The interesting thing is that NONE of the
> messages that were placed into those boxes were
> sent back to the In box - only the deleted emails found thier way
> back.

It is possible that the preference setting to remove the messages
from the server AFTER downloading them has not been selected and the
messages were staying on the server and were ready to be downloaded a
second time.

The preference settings can be confusing unless read with a computer
language dictionary at your left hand. The text does not always
explain things in "normal" english.

Another option is that her "deleted" messages were actually only
being sent to the trash and had not truly been deleted, just moved
and were waiting to be finally deleted when the trash was emptied?

Other than those options, I have never personally experienced this
situation as described. I did have deleted messages reappear in the
mailbox on more than one occassion, but that ended when I changed my
preference settings to "remove the messages from the server" when I
downloaded them. I never leave messages on the server any more, they
are downloaded and dealt with immediately.  If they are trash, they
get trashed, and if they are worth saving, they go into a separate
mailbox according to their subject.

Hope this gives you a bigger picture and makes your life easier.