Fwd: [X4U] OS X won't install on external HD

Cubeistan cubeistaner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:05:22 PDT 2006

Which format did you choose when you erased? You need Mac OS Extended. I
recommend that you erase it again and choose "zero all data" from the
optionsmenu. Then, try reinstalling.

Completed zeroing this time; think I ended it inadvertently and prematurely
before. Used Extended format & still no go. The message is 'OS X won't
install on this disk. OS X will not start up from this disk'. I installed
the drive that was in my Cube with 10.4.7 on it, and it doesn't appear in
the Startup Disk Sys Pref. I wonder if somehow it might be this Coolmax
enclosure that's the cause.
--
ron s