[X4U] Mail questions from a late adopter

Joshua Hough soyjourner at mac.com
Mon Aug 28 00:11:18 PDT 2006

OK I confess - I just started using Mail for the first time.  I'm
using it with my dot-Mac account and I have these frustrations:

1.  I sent a message to someone but mistyped their address.  After I
re-sent it to the correct address and deleted the first one from my
Sent folder, and emptied the trash, the mistyped address still comes
up every time I compose a message and start typing the address in the
"To:" field.  FYI, my address book is empty.

2.  After only a single day using Mail, my inbox already has a large
size discrepancy between what I see in Mail and what I see on Mac.com
through Safari.  Mail has 108 messages.  The web version has 133.
Some of the extras are ones I already deleted in Mail, but they're
still there on Mac.com.  In Mail I tried "Erase Deleted Messages,"
but it didn't change anything.  Must I delete them twice?

3.  When I send a message from Mail, it goes into the local "Sent"
folder instead of my Mac.com "Sent Items" folder.  So I have to
manually copy (upload) all my sent messages to "Sent Items" if I want
to see them on Mac.com while I'm away from the office.

It's all Apple's stuff!  Why is this difficult?!
Thanks,
-Josh