[X4U] Network printing WinXP to OS 10.4.8

Rod Buchanan lists_lrb at mac.com
Sat Dec 2 11:19:28 PST 2006

On 12/2/06 8:21 AM, "John Erdman" <jperdman at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Here's a clearer version. ..   I follow all the steps for setting up
> my Mac's USB printer as a network printer. I'm pretty sure now that
> the Mac settings are all OK.

Here's what I _think_ you need to do:

    1) in System Preferences->Sharing make sure Printer Sharing and Windows
Sharing are on;

    2) in System Preferences->Print & Fax make sure the printer is being
shared in the Sharing tab;

    3) run Directory Access (n the Utilities folder), highlight SMB/CIFS,
and click "Configure."  Make sure the workgroup name is the same as the
Windows machine.

--
Rod

"The Klingon gods were slain by ancient Klingon warriors millennia ago. They
proved more trouble than they were worth."
  -- Lt. Commander Worf