[X4U] Re: Network printing WinXP to OS 10.4.8 (John Erdman)

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Sat Dec 2 14:55:25 PST 2006

Just did this yesterday.
1) What's the network name of your Mac? Mine is "Carly"
2) On the Mac, go to Printer Setup Utility, select your
printer, show info, and in the name box, put some easy
name. I called the HL2040, "CarlyPrint".
3) In Windows XP (SP2), I printed a document. Where it lists
the printers available (which are none right now), add
a printer.
4) In the Add a printer wizard, select the button that looks
on your local network.
5) On my system, I wrote (IIRC):
\\Carly\CarlyPrint. (This is my recollection, but the wizard
shows the format you should follow.)
6) It found CarlyPrint and added it to the Windows list.

7) And It printed.

HTH, Jon