[X4U] Getting Closer Network printing WinXP to OS 10.4.8 (John Erdman)

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 17:44:17 PST 2006

Whoooohooooooo!

Both Jon (Carlyprint) and Phil(Bonjour) suggestions worked!  I now
have the Canon i560 printer on the XP's printer list by both methods.

But neither one works yet!

I can send off a print job. It looks like it's going but nothing
happens at the printer. Checking on the print queue I find that the
job appear on the completed list.  I suspect a driver problem.  I
have the Canon i560 drivers on both machines. They both work fine
when I have the USB connected directly to the machines.  I sorta
recall that I have to use a different driver to use it over the
network.  I'll start looking for a useful driver on my own but if you
have a suggestion let 'er fly.

But I am making progress. Thanks for the help to date.

John