[X4U] iTunes authorization

Mitchell Senft ms53 at optonline.net
Mon Dec 4 01:28:19 PST 2006

Once again having problems with reaching the 5 machine limit for
authorization with iTunes. (ITunes downloads are limited to playing
on 5 machines.)

The problem is complicated by the fact that one machine was trashed
without de-authorizing and the hard drive of the second, also-retired
machine is unavailable as well.

Per Apple, the simple solution is to de-authorize all. My questions
are: If I do that, do all the iTunes downloads also get rendered
unplayable even after I reauthorize the machine to which they've been
downloaded? And if so, is there any alternative to a mass de-
authorization?

Thanks,

Mitchell