[X4U] Macpro processor choice

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 4 19:20:10 PST 2006

At 6:34 PM -0700 4/12/06, Jens Selvig wrote:
>I am about to order a new Mac and am wondering about whether I would
>be better served by getting 2 gigs of memory and the 2.0 GHz
>processor or alternatively getting 1 gig of memory and the 2.66 GHz
>processor.
>
>I do a lot of photoshop work so I am thinking more memory might be
>better, but on the other hand adding memory latter on might be
>easier than upgrading the processors. My current system is a G4 933
>so I am sure photoshop even run in the rosetta layer will be
>comparable to what I am used to at the moment.

I don't have all the research under my belt, but experience as a
consultant leads me to suggest that when the difference in speed of
the computer is that little, you are always better off getting more
RAM rather than a marginally faster computer. (IF you have to choose
between one or the other.)

Daly