[X4U] Macpro processor choice

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Mon Dec 4 20:22:49 PST 2006

Thanks to  all for your thoughts. My current G4 has 1.5 gigs of RAM.
At this point I am thinking about going for the extra RAM. The Mac
Pro has 8 ram slots so the listed configuration from Apple is to use
4 of those for the 2 gig model. That leaves 4 empty slots. I am
thinking when CS3 hits the machine I'll get a big bounce in efficiency.

Currently I work on files that range from 20 megs to 100 megs.

Jens