[X4U] Macpro processor choice

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Mon Dec 4 20:37:43 PST 2006

Is that 20 to 100MB files "saved" or when "open" in Photoshop?

Either way they are kinda small files but a 100MB file can easily be
hundreds of MB in RAM/scratch when it is highly layered.

Do you have many open at the same time? Perhaps the 2GB model might be
adequate for your needs.

We work on very large files here (scratch sizes are sometimes between 2
and 3GB in size so lotsa RAM really helps us).

Cheers,

Coj

Jens Selvig <lstnmt at bresnan.net>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
05/12/06 03:22 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Macpro processor choice

Thanks to  all for your thoughts. My current G4 has 1.5 gigs of RAM.
At this point I am thinking about going for the extra RAM. The Mac
Pro has 8 ram slots so the listed configuration from Apple is to use
4 of those for the 2 gig model. That leaves 4 empty slots. I am
thinking when CS3 hits the machine I'll get a big bounce in efficiency.

Currently I work on files that range from 20 megs to 100 megs.

Jens