[X4U] Apple Bluetooth Mice not connecting properly to 15" AlBook

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue Dec 5 22:57:30 PST 2006

Hmmmm, tried looking for the Bluetooth installer on the OSX Install disc,
no luck.Were you referring to a specific Bluetooth installer disc? I can
only see Firmware updates on the Apple site so thought I'd try and
download the 1.1 update and run that, then run the 1.2 updater again.
After trying to run the 1.1 updater and rebooting I no longer have the
Bluetooth preference showing at all, though it is there in the System
folder- even tried replacing it from another System build I have. When I
try to run any of the Bluetooth core services apps (from System Folder) it
says I don't have the hardware module... so either it was on its way out
and I gave it a helping hand over the cliff or the firmware updates failed
and have rendered it useless.

On a 15" AlBook, is this a separate attached chip/board or is it part of
the motherboard? Anyone have any suggestions on how to wake it/fix it?
It's still under warranty but letting daddy's little helper go to the shop
for a while is rather undesirable at this time of the year!

Coj

Gardner Byron <mailmehere at mindspring.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
06/12/06 09:53 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Apple Bluetooth Mice not connecting properly to 15" AlBook

You might try to reinstall the Mouse software on the CD or from Apple
online.