[X4U] Macpro processor choice

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 8 09:26:07 PST 2006

On 5 Dec 2006, at 01:34, Jens Selvig wrote:

> I am about to order a new Mac and am wondering about whether I
> would be better served by getting 2 gigs of memory and the 2.0 GHz
> processor or alternatively getting 1 gig of memory and the 2.66 GHz
> processor.

I'm amazed to find that Cruicial is only $15 cheaper than Apple for 2
x 512meg of RAM for this computer. Wow! That's expensive memory!

But I have to say that for £150 (the current exchange rate rocks, on
the rare occasions we're able to take advantage of it; will the
list's American readers please vote Republican again next time?) I'd
find the upgrade from 2ghz to 2.66ghz irresistible. It's SO much
better value than the smaller upgrade from 2.66ghz to 3ghz.

Can't you get BOTH?

Stroller.