[X4U] Apple's user base geezers?

xaxutwo xaxutwo at comcast.net
Sat Dec 9 05:39:06 PST 2006

On 07/12/2006, at 15:03, Al Grappone wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2006, at 8:16, Neil wrote:
>

>> I think that has a lot to do with games.  Windows is a better
>> platform for
>> gamers.  I'm not a gamer, so I don't know why.
>
> If you want to do some work buy a Mac. If you want to just play
> games buy a PC
>

> Al
Or just get a Mac Pro.  I loaded Windows XP via bootcamp onto one of
the 4 hard drives that I have installed in mine and it runs Windows
just fine.  Before I switched to the Mac back in 2001, I was a huge
gamer on my PC.
Strange thing is, playing games on the PC side of my Mac just seems
wrong and I find myself booting back into 10.4.8 and play the Mac
games that I have.  I'm a huge The Sims 2 fan and have all of the
expansion packs.
Back to the topic of the post:  I'm 49 now and have been using the
Mac for almost 6 years now.  I got so tired of fighting with the
various iterations of Windows and crashes and incompatibilities,
etc.  I switched.  Now in the house we have a MacBook (this one),
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro and a dual 2 gig G5.  I am very pleased with the
Intel Macs.  I thought my G5 was FAST, but when I replaced it with
the 2.66 gig Mac Pro, I was amazed at how much sheer power it has.
I'm looking forward to Leopard.
Oh yes, all of these Macs are on my Apple wireless network and we
have a networked color laser printer and 2 ink jet printers.
I think somebody posted a reply a bit earlier that we get a bit wiser
with age...guess I did as I finally saw the light and got rid of my
PC's and their slew of problems.  Since switching, I've never had one
bit of trouble, we usually buy at least one new Mac per year, so all
of the ones purchased between 2002 and 2005 have gone to family
members who are now also Mac Addicts.  Like me, they say they'd never
use a PC again after using a Mac.
Oh, we do have one Dell laptop that my partner uses for work.

Tim

--
Tengo un manojo encantador de cocos.