[X4U] Recomm for wireless security cam

Thomas W Noel tnoel at mac.com
Sat Dec 9 11:25:21 PST 2006

I recommend SecuritySpy for controlling software. Great feature set
including still and video recording, motion detection, and alerts
emailed to you anywhere.

http://www.securityspy.com/

Get a camera that is listed as a compatible camera. The site has a
lot of info on choosing cameras, networking, as well as use of the
software.

I have D-Link and Panasonic cameras. The D-Link are inexpensive fixed
focus non-panning cameras, and can be wired or WiFi-G wireless. The
Panasonic costs more, but can pan by remote control. The more you pay
for cameras, the better the features such as pan-and -zoom, better
low-light vision, etc.

Direct attach cameras would include any Firewire or USB netcams, as
well as cameras attached to a video capture external box such as an
ADS Pyro A/V Link. iSight cameras are also fully supported.

Good Luck!