[X4U] upgrading a lacie hard drive

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Dec 13 10:21:55 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 8:21 PM, alexandre wrote:

> i have a lacie d2 drive (250gb triple interface) that is filling up
> rapidly.
> i'm thinking of upgrading the internal drive and keeping the case,
> replacing the 250gb with a 500gb for example.

I did this with both of my d2 enclosures - it is very straightforward
after you remove the screws. The only real issue I had was the
placement of the cables around the metal bracket.  I also had a
problem in that my 80GB case did not recognize my new 250 GB ATA/133
HD, likely due to the bridge board being too old (I don't think you
will have this problem).  I replaced my wife's 250 GB HD after I
dropped it while it was backing up her computer (sounded like a
roadrunner in slooow motion. meeep! meeep!).

Also, I was using the case that originally housed the 250GB drive to
set up multiple replacement HDs at work.  I must have damaged
something going back and forth plugging and unplugging the drives
because at some point the enclosure stopped working.  Nothing obvious
was broken that i could tell.

Hope this helps.  If you have any other questions, I have the 80GB
enclosure sitting on my desk that I can take apart to give you more
specific info.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.7
pkrug at mac.com