[X4U] Parallels vs. Boot Camp Capacities and Other Ilk

David R. Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 13 20:47:31 PST 2006

A friend of mine has a quad Mac Pro, and he's got 2.5 TB of HD
storage installed (4 drives). He uses some Windoze software that is
critical for him. He is asking me about Parallels vs. Boot Camp. Just
to verify that I am recalling correctly, Parallels limitsHD VM's to
128 GB and you can only have a maximum of 4 (eliminating all other
IDE devices), right? So that means he'd have to use Boot Camp to run
Windoze XP. I am not familiar with whether there are storage
limitations with Boot Camp, although I am aware that you must
partition your drive(s) in order to have Windoze partitions
available. Are there storage size limitations that I'm not aware of?

He says that he's pretty much using ACDSee Pro and BreezeBrowser Pro.
What are some Mac apps that would have the same capabilities as these
2 apps? Perhaps we could avoid the need for Windoze all together. He
does a lot of photography and video. He's a fellow dentist like me.

Looking for validation and suggestions. I'd like to give him good
advice.
--
David R. Boag, DDS
spikedds at bellsouth.net