[X4U] Parallels vs. Boot Camp Capacities and Other Ilk

Pete Zimowski petez at mac.com
Thu Dec 14 05:44:26 PST 2006

> He says that he's pretty much using ACDSee Pro and BreezeBrowser
> Pro. What are some Mac apps that would have the same capabilities
> as these 2 apps? Perhaps we could avoid the need for Windoze all
> together. He does a lot of photography and video. He's a fellow
> dentist like me.

 From the photography standpoint, there's a lot of great applications
out there.  Photoshop Elements does over 90% of the heavy lifting of
Photoshop, at about one-third of the price.  Included in Elements is
Adobe Bridge, which will work nicely in organizing his photos.
There's also Apple's Aperture ($299), which is high-end and very
capable, especially in organizing photo libraries.  And, of course,
there's good old iPhoto, which may be all he needs.

For video, iMovie.  For some added punch, Final Cut Express or Final
Cut Pro.

You can't get a better platform than the Mac for photo and video.
Dump the Windoze stuff, and get with the program!

:-)

Pete