[X4U] KVM Switch

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Thu Dec 14 08:06:25 PST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 5:55 AM, Jens Selvig wrote:

> One of my thoughts is to start controlling the Windows machine
> using a VPN client so I can move the Windows box to another room. I
> run Windows XP Pro so the VPN connection should be workable.

I have had good success using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection.
It is free to download. I also am using Apple Remote Desktop with
very positive results.

I keep a KVM on line only because the Intel boxes I am using for
Windows and Linux raise a fault on boot without a monitor attached. I
do not want to alter the bios settings on these machines. So I stuck
a resolution adapter on the monitor port of the KVM and it all works.

hth,
  - Mophilly