[X4U] Need to promote an account

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 15 14:27:37 PST 2006

At 14:16 -0800 15/12/06, Mark Paul wrote:
>You can check on Netinfo Manager. One option may be to boot from a
>System CD and create the account from there.
>
>On Dec 15, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>>At 17:00 -0500 15/12/06, Neil Laubenthal wrote:
>>>Are there any other admin accounts? If not . . .and if the root
>>>account wasn't enabled . . .I don't know of any way to do it.
>>>
>>>Might be something sneaky I don't know about though.

>>No I'm afraid she "demoted" both her own account and the "emergency
>>use only" admin account i had setup.
>>
>>I think root is enabled (but have forgotten how to check).
>>
>>If it is can I "fix" it via the terminal or single user mode?

By "System CD" do you mean a 10.4.x DVD or the System Restore discs
that came with the machine, I have both.

Either way what is that procedure (apart from "erase and install")?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Our greatest fear is that the Internet will become a vehicle of free
distribution of information.
                               --Ken Wasch, President of the Software
                            Publishers' Association, 5 September 1995