[X4U] JVC Everio and the Mac.

Adrian Stubbs stubbsz at comcast.net
Mon Dec 18 19:00:24 PST 2006

I bought a JVC Everio Camera in a hurry; needed it for a particular
event.  My old Canon zr10 broke again.

The camera is fantastic for taking video and Its Mac compatible.  Should
put quotes round that.  The software they supply doesn't work and all I
can do is drag their files on to my hard drive, rename them and play
them with quicktime.  I can't then edit them in anything.   What do I
have to do to make this camera worthwhile... it seems to be designed for
PC users wanting to dump the files directly on to a DVD.

Is there a free or low price way that I can use this camera without a
ton of pain or is there a similarly good camera that is firewire/mac
compatible in the way I want... compatible with iMovie etc.

-Adrian